Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI) is designed to serve the needs of engineers who implement Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) B-Series Blade Servers and Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers.
- Install Cisco R-Series Rack Enclosures in the data center.
- Use Cisco Integrated Management Controller to provision LAN and SAN connectivity for the C-Series server.
- Use the LSI MegaRAID web user interface to provision local hard drives into a RAID 5 array.
- Implement system management, maintenance, and high availability services for Cisco UCS B-Series.
- Maintain Cisco UCS in a high-availability configuration Implement generation 1 and generation 2 connectivity.
- Implement LAN & SAN connectivity for Cisco UCS B-Series hardware.
- Provision VLANs and fabric interconnect uplinks for server connectivity to the Layer 3 data center cloud.
- Provision VSANs and fabric interconnect Fibre Channel uplinks for server connectivity to the data center storage cloud.
- Provision service profiles with initial and updating templates Implement virtualization features.
- Provision Cisco VM-FEX