Implementing Cisco Voice Communications and QoS (CVOICE) v8.0 teaches learners about voice gateways, characteristics of VoIP call legs, dial plans and their implementation, basic implementation of IP phones in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express environment and essential information about gatekeepers and Cisco Unified Border Element. The course provides the learners with voice-related QoS mechanisms that are required in Cisco Unified Communications networks.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Explain what a voice gateway is, how it works, and describe its usage, components, and features.
- Describe the characteristics and configuration elements of VoIP call legs.
- Describe how to implement IP phones using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
- Describe the components of a dial plan and explain how to implement a dial plan on a Cisco Unified voice gateway.
- Explain what gatekeepers and Cisco Unified Border Elements are, how they work, and what features they support.
- Describe why QoS is needed, what functions it performs, and how it can be implemented in a Cisco Unified Communications network.